Monday, December 29, 2014

Olympic Oval and Soccer

(May 24-26, 2014)

Get ready for the mass blogging. I have so much to catch up on.  So we start back in May…

We found out that they have public skate times every day at the Utah Olympic Oval in Kearns. Since we all have our own skates we only had to pay admission. We got our skating legs back pretty quickly. It had been almost 3 months since we skated on our backyard rink so the girls were a little timid. It was like riding a bike, though. It didn’t take long to feel comfortable again, and it was the first time we were able to go pretty fast. I’ve never ice skated that fast before but it was awesome. A little scary, but awesome.

Piper is already starting her ‘hands-on-the-hip’ thing Mark did as a kid.

IMG_1934

The family stood still just long enough for a quick photo.

IMG_1940

Then they were off! Mark was either pointing out one of the International flags hanging above or doing some sweet disco moves.

IMG_1948

What was awesome was that just two days after ice skating we had family over for dinner and played volleyball in the backyard in beautiful spring weather. I love where I live!

IMG_1953

No comments: