Tuesday, December 30, 2014

California Vacation (Day 4)

(June 24, 2014)

Disneyland Day 2:

The start of our second day was just as early but we headed to California Adventure first thing. We talked up the new Radiator Springs Racers ride so much to every one that we immediately got fast passes to that first thing.

While waiting for our time slot for Radiator Springs Racers we headed to my second favorite ride, Toy Story Mania. It must be the competitive spirit in me that likes this ride so much, and the 4D stuff is awesome. 

I love this girl. Markee and I have a lot of fun together.

IMG_2163

Three generations waiting in line for Toy Story Mania.

3 generations at disneyland

Mark finally got into the photo bombing. It became a regular occurrence after a the first day.

mark photobomb

And some more waiting for Toy Story Mania…getting our guns ready.

IMG_2164

Because I am so competitive, I threw down the gauntlet to my nephews, so the game was on to see who could get the highest score. The first time I killed them all, but my victory was short lived. The next day we went again and Josh and Peter killed my highest score. They finally fessed up to searching the internet the night before on secret ways to get a better score.

We like to stuff all the kids in tight spaces to see what they will do. 

cousins in carsland

You’ll notice that the cousins make the letter ‘T’ with their hands in a lot of pictures. This was to show that we all missed Tamsyn while she is serving her mission in Indiana. Sniff, sniff.

Here’s a group pic of most of us just before going on Grizzly River Rapids. Such a fun (wet) ride. We had all the kids in one boat and the adults in the other.

grizzley river rapids

I was trying to get a picture of Erik playing the dart game with Piper. It’s a game the cousins played the entire three days while waiting in all the lines. I love that Marin photo bombed.

IMG_2169

Téa, Marin and Markee.

IMG_2170

Here is proof that Piper went on Tower of Terror. Super scary ride and she said she hated it after she got off. An hour or two later she said she wanted to try it again. I didn’t want Piper to be scarred for life and need therapy (for stuff other than things her parents did to her) so we skipped going on it again.

IMG_2174

We found this great little gem in California Adventure. I don’t even remember which building it was in but we had a great time exploring all the games and cool hands-on things they had.

IMG_2185

The girls just being silly. I think Piper was pretending to drive a car?

IMG_2198

The whole shebang waiting for Radiator Springs Racers ride.

IMG_2203

Marin, Piper and Megyn. Piper had the best time jumping from cousin to cousin. She definitely made sure she got to sit next to who she wanted to sit by. There’s no telling this kid ‘no’.

IMG_2204

The boys all got in one car and for some reason all of them had a phone call at the same time?

IMG_2208

Yeah, we got in trouble for this picture. Piper wanted to climb up on this platform and within seconds a Disney worker was telling her to get down. I said ‘ok’, but made sure I took a picture first. Rebel!

IMG_2209

Our afternoon treat to get to the girls to sit down for a while and take a break. Bribery works wonders.

IMG_2212

Day two was another success! The kids handled another long day at the park with minimal melt downs. That’s a plus in my book.

No comments: