I know it’s Spring now, but I really need to blog about Winter. It was so much fun, even though the highest temp throughout January and February was probably 11 degrees.
Mark decided to buy everyone ice skates during Christmas break so we could enjoy the cold weather. Turns out it was the perfect Winter to do so. We had super cold weather to keep the wetlands here in Jordan Willows frozen over until March.
We cleared off a huge section that was somewhat protected by the willow reeds and had so much fun skating. Don’t let the sunny skies fool you. It was 8 degrees out when we skated.
They do love each other sometimes.
Even Piper gets out on the ice and skates around. She’s pretty good.
Mark was so excited to break out his hockey gear. It’d been years since he skated. Now we just need to get enough guys in the area together so he can play a real game.
Such a beautiful area. I love where we live.
We were also able to hang out with Steve and Lisa and enjoy their ice rink in their backyard. Their rink just gets better and better each year. This rink is Steve’s 5th child. He takes such great care of it and we were able to go over multiple times. I love that my kids get along so great with the Pett’s kids. I thought I took way more pictures of all the kids skating but I guess not.
Ice skating is probably one of the few really active outdoor activities that Piper doesn’t complain about. She gets ‘tired’ so easily doing other things. Not sure she’s going to become a soccer player.
Steve took the kids on rides around the rink. Here’s Calista having a turn. Their rink even has twinkle lights!
Téa practiced all summer long on her rollerblades in order to get better at ice skating. It totally paid off.
All the girls.
Calista improved so much this year compared to last year.
Mark had such a great time skating that he will, in fact, build his own rink in our backyard next Winter. Thankfully, we have Steve to give us pointers. Mark is super excited and so am I! And I will insist that our rink have twinkle lights too!
No comments:
Post a Comment