Monday, April 15, 2013

Girl’s Vegas Trip

In February Meghan, Lisa and I took a quick trip to Las Vegas so Meghan could be there for the open casting call for the reality show Survivor.  We got in to Vegas a little late but decided we still needed a yummy dinner.  So we headed to Serendipity’s.  So good.

Me and Meg Vegas

Of course we had ice cream.

IMG_0152

Lisa and I were strictly there for moral support when it came to trying out for Survivor.  Me, to root Meghan on and Lisa, for hair and makeup.  Lisa and I aren’t cut out for actually being on the show.  Meghan, on the other hand, is made to be on it.  We spent the morning getting Meghan all gussied up.  I’ve never seen Meghan with curly hair.  She looked gorgeous!

IMG_0153

Meghan getting ready to go in!

meg with survivor sign

She insisted we just drop her off in the long line and then go do whatever we wanted to do.  So, here she is line, waiting.  Lisa and I hit the mall while Meghan made friends with the lady in front of her.

IMG_0157

Turns out there were a few cast members from other seasons there.  I met Brandon Hantz, from the current season.  Just a few weeks after I met him we watched the episode where he completely lost it and left the game.  He is psychotic.  And a complete foul-mouthed human being.  And really short.  So, pretty much just like he is on TV.

I also met RC from last season and she was really cool.  Just ignore my finger in the picture.  She had like 2 seconds to stop for a picture so I had to hurry.

IMG_0159

The infamous Russell Hantz was there too but I didn’t feel like asking him for a picture.  He is such a sleaze and I could tell he didn’t like my zip-up hoody and jeans outfit compared to RC’s leopard print, skin-tight mini dress so he wasn’t interested in meeting me.  Fine by me!

After the casting call we headed for a night on the town, or the Strip, that is.  What better way than to start off with a super delicious dinner at The Cheesecake Factory.  I’m pretty sure I sucked down 3 Diet Cokes before my meal even came.  I had to stay awake somehow.  We are all old moms who want to go to bed at 8 pm.

Us at dinner vegas

And yes, I did eat the entire dish of pasta. Don’t judge.

IMG_0162

We went to Lisa’s own private Heaven, I mean M&M World. 

lisa with m and m vegas

We went inside the Bellagio Hotel and found some cool Chinese decorations.  Of course, you have to get a picture of you mimicking their stance. 

Me doing the sumo vegas

Me Lisa Meg Vegas

We watched the Bellagio Fountain show.  Very cool.

me and meg bellagio fountain

And that was our trip.  It was so much fun to get away for 2 days.  We had a great time even in the car just talking about everything and anything.  I’m thinking we should make this a yearly thing…

1 comment:

megship said...

UH yes it has become a new tradition. It was sooo much fun! I am so glad you guys came with me! Sometimes I need to go to Vegas and get hit on with my friends to remind me that I am not a gross sweats-wearing flabby mom.LOVED that trip! I want to go again...tomorrow.