Friday, July 25, 2008

July 24th Excitement

Since yesterday was July 24th, Mark and I knew we'd be up late listening to everyone in the neighborhood lighting fireworks. The girls actually slept through the fireworks and through the many police cars and fire trucks that came across the street. Yup. Leave it to our brilliant neighborhood to need the Fire Department. Can we move yet? There was a big fire in the dumpster across from us last night. Probably some kids lighting fireworks and threw it in the dumpster thinking nothing of it. Funny how the entire neighborhood comes out on the sidewalks for things like that. Mark and I met up with a few of our friends outside, including a neighbor who works for the fire department/rescue of Pleasant Grove. So we got the skinny on what happened. I missed the flames but Mark said they got pretty high. Then we found out from Phil that there wasn't even anything to catch fire in the dumpster. Hmm?

2 comments:

megship said...

Well, that's one thing you can count on up here is complete silence. I miss the chaos occasionally but mostly I just want a happy medium!

So, did you guys light fireworks? We did, at about 7:00. Yeah, we went crazy and let our kids stay up an hour later! We really live life on the wild side! And yes, I am beginning to think the Randalls and the Shippens are the only ones who put our kids to bed that early....in the world.

The Hunsakers said...

Oh I remember the loud neighbors lighting fireworks. Luckily they don't do the 24th in Texas and we didn't have to listen to it. Unluckily, it isn't a work holiday either.