Slacker, slacker. What can I say? I'm posting this a week late but Calista had her third birthday on July 8. I can't believe she is 3 now. Since I was in the hospital I couldn't be with her the whole day but it turned out to be a very fun day for her. Mark had a few presents for Calista to open when she woke in the morning. Then the girls and Mark headed to the hospital to see Piper and me. I was able to give her a present and sing happy birthday to her. My mom then took Téa and Calista to the park for a while and had a blast. I decided that afternoon to come home early from the hospital and we were able to have dinner together as a family and have ice cream cake together. We all tried our best to make it a special day for her and separate her birthday from Piper's. I think we did a good job. Calista still talks about how she had a birthday and now she's three years old. Now if I could just get her to be interested in potty training...oh well.
I pondered on Calista's birth day while in the hospital. Calista came very quick into the world. My water broke at home while Mark was an hour and a half away picking up his mom to come stay with us. I started having contractions right after he left but thought nothing of it. I had had false labor 3 days earlier so just ignored them. Dumb thing to do, by the way. Just as Mark pulled into the gas station in Scipio my water broke. I called my brother-in-law and he and his wife came rushing down from Saratoga Springs to take me to the hospital and his wife stayed with Téa at the house. I was so nervous Calista would come before Mark made it to the hospital but he got there in record time (thankfully there were no cops that night: I think Mark's mom was scared with Mark's driving that night). Mark made it to the hospital about an hour and a half before Calista was born. We had just enough time to come up with a name we both agreed on and Calista Kaye was born at 11:30 pm. She was a great baby and she is a great kid still. She does things in her own time and she is content to play on her own a lot. She might look a lot like me but she has more of her Dad in her. She is so much fun to have around and we love her tons!
3 comments:
Potty training meh she won't go to kindergarten in diapers. And the more time she spends around other kids who are potty trained...peer pressure is a wonderful thing.
Happy late birthday Calista! Three is a terrific age to be.
WE LOVE CALISTA! Even though she likes Ty more than me, I love that little stinker! She has the most beautiful eyes in the world (I wonder where she gets them) and all she has to do is look at me and I generally will do what she says.
I will tell Tucker to start pressuring her to go on the potty. You know, cause she listens to Tucker so well.
She is SO SO beautiful. Seriously, beautiful! Those eyes....
Post a Comment