Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Téa's 6th Grade Graduation

She did it! Téa passed 6th grade. Like there was any doubt, right? This kid has always loved school and learning. I've never had to worry about her turning in assignments or studying for a test. She is just naturally organized and gets things done. Mrs. O'Dell, her teacher, has been amazing for Téa. Her enthusiasm for life, learning and education ignited something in Téa this year.

Working at Snow Springs I've been able to get to know the teachers better. I've been able to talk with them more and the more I got to know Alyssa the more I understood why Téa connected with her almost immediately. Alyssa is finishing up a special program in her Master's program that teaches her how to teach gifted students. Alyssa is a very talented young adult who is good at everything she does. She was a gifted student all throughout her school years and decided she wanted to teach gifted students. Snow Springs doesn't have a gifted program so she does what she can at the school. Alyssa could see Téa's potential and she found a way to push her the entire year and only accept the best from her. I think Mrs. O'Dell will always be Téa's favorite teacher of all time. At least that's what she told me. She made an impact for sure.

Ok, now onto graduation! Here's Téa with a few friends. Breanna (to the left of Téa) and Téa have been friends since 1st grade.



Téa is the one in the red dress shaking hands with the principle.


There she is with her 'diploma'.


Téa with her teacher, Mrs. O'Dell.


The ceremony was pretty short, thankfully because right when it was done we had to rush Téa to her second day of club soccer tryouts. We only missed the first hour or so of tryouts but we weren't too worried about it. We already know that she will for sure be on the same team as last year and I will be one of her coaches. Her head coach from the last two years is moving and another dad is stepping in to take over. He's already warned me that he is a busy guy but he will do the best he can with the time he has. I have a feeling I will be running more of the practices than I want! I think I might convince one of the other soccer moms to be an assistant coach as well as our team manager. Hopefully she will accept...

No comments: