Friday, May 29, 2015

Last Day of School 2015

After a busy month we finally made it to the last day of school. ***Insert huge sigh of relief here*** The girls had me take a picture of each of them. I'm not sure why I can't find one of Piper. She must have changed her mind and left for the bus stop before I could snap a picture of her?

Calista is only hours away from finishing 4th grade. 


She has loved this school year. She has had a great teacher, Ms. Compton who helped Calista become more organized with her work and homework and helped her realize that turning in assignments on time isn't that difficult. You just have to remember to do it! She's also becoming quite the social butterfly.

And Téa will spend a few hours at Snow Springs Elementary for the last time before heading to middle school in August. Sheesh, that makes me feel old.


I was put on the committee for the End of Year Luncheon at work so we planned an awesome Hawaiian Paradise theme. The photo booth was my favorite part. Some of my friends happened to be at the school in the morning to help with the 6th grade pancake breakfast so they came over for a few photo ops. Laurie Sorensen, Liza Payne and Meghan Shippen. Love these ladies! They are a lot of fun.


Administration came in and had some fun too. Principal Shelley Schroeder and Assistant Principal Megan Miller. I've had so much fun with these lovely ladies this past school year. I'm sad that Megan will be leaving Snow Springs but excited that she gets to run her own elementary school next year.


And...here are my fun coworkers! These are most of the aides in the school. Maria Erickson, Emily Saye, Kim Anderson, Heather Kitchen and Michelle Mohlman.


Emily and I are workroom aides and have way too much fun each day coming up with ways to make the workroom a fun place to be in. Maria, Heather and Michelle are Dragon Time aides (pretty much they teach math to the entire school every day) and Kim runs the Star Tutors program at the school. My biggest fear about going back to work was dealing with workplace drama. Working in a place with so many women I just knew it was bound to be bad. I was completely wrong, however. It has been a fantastic place to work and even though there are parts of my job I don't love, the environment has been great. I love my job but man I'm excited to have the next three months off!

No comments: