We actually went on a vacation outside of Utah this summer. Mark and I decided a trip to Washington to visit my brother was long overdue. We’ve been planning this trip since the beginning of the year and I’m so glad we did it. Darron’s kids are all the same ages as ours and we really want our kids to know their cousins. I grew up always visiting the Woolley side cousins and having family vacations with them. Darron and I knew our Childs side cousins, but not very well. So, we planned to invade the Woolley residence for an entire week in August.
It took us 12 hours, went through four states (Utah, Idaho, Montana, Idaho…again, and Washington) and 7 movies to get there. What a difference installing a DVD player makes. We had no meltdowns and tantrums. Even Piper did great. We arrived on a Sunday night at dinner time and VaLynn had dinner all ready for us (another great reason to go on vacation!) My mom was still there from her visit with them so we were able to overlap our visit for a few days and have everyone together, minus Papa. Maybe next year.
Right after dinner we set up the PS2 in the basement and Mark and Darron rocked on. By the third day my nephew Isaac was a total rock star on Guitar Hero. And by the end of the week everyone had the song “Turning Japanese” stuck in their heads from Isaac playing the song over and over again.
This is my Anna Bird. She insists being called Anna Bird and not just Anna. It’s so funny if you call her just Anna she’ll say “I’m Anna Bird!” She totally knows how to pose for the camera too. You say smile, she automatically looks for the camera. Oh, and see her really long hair? She’s only 5 months older than Piper. What’s in her shampoo Darron?
After filling up on donuts we thought we’d try to bring them back up and ride the carnival rides. Tea and Isaac went on the Tilt-a Whirl over and over and over. I’m surprised they could walk straight by the time we went home. After a few hours of being there VaLynn and my mom took Anna and Piper back home so they could get some naps in and the rest of us stayed for a few more hours to ride the rides to our hearts content.
I forgot to have Mark take pictures of Darron scraping my wart out. Think of a really small melon baller. It was not a pretty sound. Thankfully my brother numbed me up before hand. It would have been an easy way to get back at me for being a pesky little sister.
4 comments:
I think we were there the exact same time as you!! And did you know that Duane's sister is in his ward! We passed by Darren's house a few times when we were there!! How crazy!!!
Looks like an awesome trip. We're looking to go up sometime soon, too. Hope we have as much fun as you did minus the carnival rides. Yuck!
Well I missed you and you are not allowed to go anywhere again!
Obviously we're a little behind on reading this, but what a fun post! It makes me think I should start a family blog, but the flowers are keeping me too busy.
Anna is sitting on my lap and excitedly pointing out herself and Piper. She talks about Piper still. Thanks again for making the LOOONG drive up to see us! It was so fun; I'm so glad my kids have cousins.
Also - I'm sorry if some of the plants died. Transplanting in August can by iffy. So it's not your fault if a bunch of them kicked the bucket.
Post a Comment