Once again, our family headed down to Sun City, Mesquite for Spring Break. It was a blessed break that we all needed. Piper thought it would be fun to ‘decorate’ Jeep with stickers.
The nice thing about my parents living in a retirement community is the traffic, or the lack thereof. It helps to live in on a dead-end street, too. The girls have free reign on their scooters.
How awesome is it that we get to swim in the beginning of April?
Calista giving Téa a piggy-back ride.
Piggy-back rides turned into chicken fights. Téa was on Calista’s shoulders and just as I was snapping the picture, they both went tumbling down.
This is how you eat dessert after a long day of swimming. Calista could barely keep her eyes open.
I can’t remember what Piper did to Téa, but this is the apology letter Piper wrote to her while in timeout. It says “Dear Téa I am sorry, I’ll give you a chocolate egg”. Not bad for writing it all by herself. And who doesn’t love chocolate as a peace offering? Smart kid.
Finally, after months of practicing/memorizing 17 different songs Téa was able to have her huge Hope of American concert. This huge production is put on by the Freedom Festival in Provo. All the fifth graders in Utah County participate in this program. There are so many students that they split them up into two different nights. Here’s the girl of the hour all ready to do her thang!
Téa and Hannah before the program. These two are inseparable. They ended up being able to wear white shirts and be one of the stars in the flag.
And here are all the kids wearing their colored t-shirts to create a massive American Flag. Téa and Hannah are the left star in the second-from-the-top row.
The last song of the night was done in the dark with the kids holding flashlights and doing a light show. Unfortunately, modern-day technology interfered and Téa wasn’t very happy. Almost everyone in the audience decided to turn on their smart phones to have some light too. I still think the effect of student’s lights was incredible.
If I would have known more about the whole Hope of America program I would have invited all the grandparents to this. I think they would have loved it. So patriotic and moving.
Easter came and went. We had our annual egg-dying/egg hunt event at Jeff’s. I love these girls.
Everyone was getting into it. Well, except Mark and Jeff.
Markee came down from Weber State for the weekend to do the festivities with us. So glad she did. I’m not sure she’s glad…my kids are kind of attached to her.
Easter morning. Nothing like bed head!
A little hard to see, but the cousins had a little soccer game going on after Easter dinner. I think Calista kicked a little butt out there.
Josh graduated from BYU. We weren’t able to attend the actual graduation, but we were able to join in the dinner celebration. We try to make Josh as uncomfortable as possible by siccing the girls on him. This was their congratulatory hug. So cute. Although, I think they were squeezing a little hard. I’m not sure he could breathe.
No comments:
Post a Comment