Our last day of vacation. Jeff set up a time for us to do sealings at the Newport Beach temple early in the morning so we could fit it in before we had to check out of the hotel. It was a great way to end a great vacation. Jeff has been getting us lots of family names to do their temple work. I love that we get together often to do the sealings together as family.
Marin, Markee and Megyn came as well to do baptisms. Afterwards, we had to take pictures, of course. Newport Beach temple is really different than most of our temples. I think the architecture fits well.
We had a little fun with pictures.
All the girls got into it, except Beverley, of course. The new hip just wasn’t up for jumping. Apparently I don’t know how to count. I guess I missed the countdown. I was way off.
All the handsome boys. Jared was mocking Mark’s hip thing he used to always do in pictures as a kid.
Mark didn’t find it funny, so he refused to jump. I still can’t believe Bruce jumped. It wasn’t a pretty landing.
The flowers were beautiful on the temple grounds.
I had to add this picture to show that I finally got the counting down.
After our photo shoot we headed back and frantically packed everything up. Jeff found out checkout was two hours sooner than we had planned. Oops. We made it (barely) and we all parted ways to head back to Utah.
Our original plans were to stay in Los Angeles that night but we were tired so we headed to Mesquite instead. It was the worst travel day I can ever remember having. It took us 9.5 hours to get from Los Angeles to Mesquite when it should have taken us about 5 or 6. An awful accident just outside Baker, CA had traffic backed up for hours and hours. After we finally passed that, we hit awful road construction, twice between Las Vegas and Mesquite. Thankfully, the next day traveling the rest of the way back home to Utah was uneventful.
I’m so glad we made this trip a reality. We had an amazing time. I know my kids will have these memories forever and so will I.
No comments:
Post a Comment