Monday, March 9, 2009

Happy Birthday To Me!

Today is my birthday, at least for another three hours anyway. It was a great day in many ways. First off, it was great because Mark was here. He got home Thursday night without any flight delays and he took Friday off work and then took today off as well. A month ago I made reservations for a tour through the new Draper, UT temple. We wanted to take part in the Open House so the girls could see where Mom and Dad go when we say 'we're going to the temple'. Téa has been looking forward to it since she's a little older and can understand at least that the temple is a holy place and it's the Lord's house. We had fun doing it as as family and was even more fun doing it on my birthday.

I was able to sleep in a little but not much. If it weren't for this dang cold I would have loved to sleep in longer but since I couldn't breathe through my nose and kept getting dry mouth I gave up. As soon as I came down stairs Téa and Calista rushed over to me and gave me big hugs and kisses, said 'Happy Birthday' and guided me to the living room where a paper birthday crown and presents awaited me. Mark and the girls got me some awesome chef's knives and a new cooking pot (which we desperately need since we eat teflon with every meal when I use the old ones). Maybe this is Mark's way of telling me I need to cook more often. Hmmm....

The only present I got that I didn't want was the blizzard we had this afternoon! It's already brought two inches of snow and it was blowing so hard out here that it was snowing sideways. We ended the day by eating at Cafe Rio where I found out that ALL our girls love Cafe Rio. I gave Piper her first taste of Cafe Rio rice and she wanted more. If I didn't feed her fast enough she would whine for it. She knows good food when she tastes it.

So, this next year will be spent enjoying my last year of my twenties. Next year's birthday will be hard to swallow I think. 30...gulp.

8 comments:

Aim said...

Happy Birthday Marcia! We miss you guys! I know, could you believe the snow this afternoon?

bendanielsfamily said...

Happy Birthday! Sounds like a fun day!!!

Kerrilyn said...

Happy Birthday a day late!!! 30's really aren't that bad....I think it is the best stage....not too young and not too old.

Anonymous said...

Yum, Cafe Rio. Sounds like you didn't make dinner after all. Good for you!

M. Harrison said...

Okay, so I'm writing down your birthday so I can remember to wish you a happy birthday on time next year!! I love ya and am glad that you had an awsome day.

megship said...

Happy Birthday! I miss the crap outta you! When I get home we will be celebrating you and Carrie's birthdays! It sounds like it was awesome! See you soon!

Allison said...

30's not so bad. I quite like it! Happy Birthday.

Libby said...

Happy happy happy happy happy birthday!