Yesterday was a great day. Mark took the day off. The day started off with presents and hugs and kisses from my kids. I got a cool watch that can tell me my heart rate. I already used it this morning during my run. Awesome! We sent Téa off to school and Mark went to get a Cold Stone ice cream cake with Calista. I stayed home with Piper because the poor kid can barely breath when she starts having a coughing fit. We didn't want her going anywhere. Mark came home with lunch and sour patch kids. Yum! While Piper had a nap Mark and I watched Arsenal cream FC Porto. Since I couldn't play soccer that day I might as well watch it. During the game I decided last minute to get my hair done. The gray was oh so ugly. I called and found that my usual place is no longer in business so I found a place that was able to fit me in at 4 pm. I figured since I was only going to get a partial weave I'd been done in less than 2 hours. Wrong. The girl did a great job on my hair if what I wanted was to become more of a blond. Without going into too much detail that will just get me all uptight again, I got home 3 hours later and I wasn't happy.
But my girls were waiting anxiously for me to get home so we could eat ice cream cake and they made me Birthday books while I was gone. They made me forget all about my hair. And Mark promised me that it wasn't bad at all. And that he wasn't saying that just to make me feel better. Maybe I just need a few days to accept the new look just like I've accepted being 30.
And I'll even post pictures since I know you all are wondering what it looks like.
Nice sad face, huh? Notice the wrinkles/creases? Good thing Mark works for Nu Skin. Anti-aging cream is calling my name.
Now looking at these photos you think...it's not that blond. But I purposely didn't blow dry my hair and wear it down today. I didn't want to look at it. And to be honest it doesn't look bad when it's still partly wet and up in a pony tail. But last night when it was dry and down...it was really light. I guess the really hard part is knowing that not a single strand of hair is my original color. Remember the part where I said partial weave? Yeah, I'm still trying to wrap my head around that one. I guess it's my fault. Halfway through I realized she wasn't leaving any hair dangling between the foil sheets. It was all being colored. I wasn't going to go into detail. Sorry. Moving on.
Aside from the minor hair hiccup, my birthday was great! Now I just need to come up with a few more things for Mark for his birthday tomorrow.
4 comments:
The funny thing to me is how she used so many foils and yet it looks like there are no highlights in the front portion.
But hey, maybe you should give it a try and see if us blondes really DO have more fun, right Meghan??
Dang right, Lisa! I always find when I do dry my hair that the highlights aren't so strong. Also, mine fade pretty fast, so don't stress. Nobody will notice your hair because of your strikingly beautiful face anyway! How's that for a compliment eh?
Let's have Lisa color our hair purple!
Sorry about the hair - yeah, it's really . . . stripey . . Anyway, we need to have a galvanic spa day - you and me and Alison - to make us look all ironed out. :-)
Oh, happy happy belated birthday!!! The hair looks good in the pictures, but I sure know how you feel about people going overboard. I can remember a rough christmas break while I was at Ricks, and I decided to get my hair highlighted. Well, even if I wanted a boyfriend, no one would have looked twice in attraction (maybe shock) at me. I called myself a PEE HEAD. It wasn't a pretty sight, and after that I just put my foot down against going back to the same person. Oh the dumb trauma of hair. Guys just have no idea! Hopefully you will like it as it tones down and you get used to it. I'm glad that you had a great birthday! Love you tons.
Post a Comment