Tuesday, July 23, 2013

First Family Hike

Clear back in May we finally deemed our family ready for a hike.  Meaning, all of us together.  Mark’s been hiking with Téa before and Mark and I did Mount Timpanogos two years ago but we’ve never gone as a family.  We started out with an easy hike that Piper could manage. 

20130525_085104(0)

The girls were excited to go.  They thought they were cool with their new walking sticks Mark found in China.  They have cool features like a compass (that may or may not point you in the right direction), a flashlight and a handy dandy wrist strap. 

Off we go!

IMG_0403

The girls insisted on pictures along the way.  I couldn’t say no.

IMG_0408

Téa had to show off to her sisters that she could cross the water on the log.

20130525_091702

Calista doing her thing.

20130525_093305

Don’t ask me how Piper made it up farther than her older sisters.  Getting her down from up there was fun, let me tell you.

IMG_0425

Finally made it to the waterfall.

20130525_093640

Indiana Jones was there too.  Oh, wait that’s Mark.

IMG_0429

This is the face I got when I told Piper to smile.  Awesome.

IMG_0433

Mark, then had to show Téa up on the log climbing thing.

IMG_0441

We had a great time.  Things were going great until Piper decided to throw a huge rock at Téa’s leg.  Thankfully no lasting damage was done.  Mark took Piper straight back to the car to teach her a lesson.  I have no idea what that entailed.  Téa, Calista and I headed back at a more leisurely pace.  No one fell in the stream, scraped a knee, or fell over a cliff.  I’ll count the whole outing a success.

1 comment:

megship said...

I keep saying I am going to take my kids on a hike up there and then I think about both my girls pooping out and having to carry them up...