For months Calista’s nightly prayers have included the phrase “and please let the days go by quickly”. This kid has been looking forward to turning 8 for a long time. She is so excited to get baptized. Unfortunately she has to wait almost a month. She missed the July baptisms by only 3 days.
We had to wake up Piper at 8 am this morning so Calista could open her gifts. I think yesterday’s festivities wore Piper out.
Calista was super happy with her gifts.
Today was the girls first day of swim lessons. I haven’t done them for two years because I wasn’t happy with our city’s lessons. You can’t even get in half the time, they fill up so fast. We tried American Fork this year and I’m super glad I did. Each class has only 5 kids and Piper’s even has two instructors.
After lessons it was a mad dash back home to get everything ready for Calista’s party. She chose a rainbow theme. Here’s my attempt at rainbow cupcakes. The sour straws were too fresh and just slumped to one side. Téa tried her hardest to get them to stay upright.
Calista really wanted to make stuff at her party. So it turned out to be kind of a craft/rainbow party. We made washer necklaces and tissue paper flower pens. I think the necklaces were the favorite. What girl doesn’t love using nail polish!
The girls played pin-the-cloud-on-the-rainbow. Who knew that was another all-time favorite party game? Here are the crazies. These were their most crazy faces.
For her birthday dinner Calista chose Subway. She is in love with their Italian BMT sandwich. It’s one of my favorites too.
After dinner we headed home and had time to put together her birthday present. She has been wanting a desk for so long and she finally got it. I love Ikea furniture. It goes well in her lime green bedroom.
And one more cupcake didn’t hurt anyone…
I think Calista was secretly wishing for contacts for her birthday. She never came out and said it but she asked me a lot about how old she had to be to start wearing them. I wish she could have started yesterday but we probably should wait a little while longer.
Mark took the day off work so we were able to spend the whole day together as a family. It was busy but successful. We love this little munchkin. Calista is a mellow, easy-going kind of kid. I’m still waiting for the attitude that comes with this age but it hasn’t manifested itself. By this age Téa was in full swing. We love her laugh, which we hear so often and her little dimples still show up every time she smiles. The best part about this birthday, according to Calista is that it is her golden birthday. Happy 8th birthday kid!
2 comments:
Olivia said they were the best cupcakes she had ever eaten!
Happy birthday to Calista Magoo (which is what we call her at our house)!!
Post a Comment