Sunday, September 23, 2012

Dryer Surprise

After a long-ago post (here) our dryer hasn’t worked very well.  Meaning, it took two or three cycles to dry clothes.  Pretty annoying when you have tons of laundry to do and it takes 1.5+ hours to dry one load of clothes!  I consulted a neighbor friend who works on washers/dryers and he suggested vacuuming out the hose that attaches to dryer to the wall and make sure there are no kinks in it.  I finally got around to that about a month ago. 

I detached the hose from the wall and vacuumed out that end of the hose then detached the hose from the back of the dryer.  I took a quick glance in the hose and promptly threw it away from me and screamed.  This is what I found…

DSC09570

Yeah that would be a bird carcass.  Who knows how long it’s been there but probably 2 years since that’s when our dryer stopped working properly.  Good thing a fire didn’t start.  After I calmed down I felt bad for the bird.  What a slow, horrible, agonizing death.  The first bird that got trapped in there made a lot of noise and we freed it.  Not sure how this poor creature got stuck and we didn’t hear it. 

On a good note, the dryer is back to working like it should.  Huge loads of laundry can be dried in one cycle!  My life must surely be boring if I get excited to have my dryer back to normal. 

1 comment:

megship said...

Um, that is disgusting. I want to puke.