Sunday, September 23, 2012

Back Blog Post: June

Playing a little catch-up on the blog of stuff I want to remember. 

Father’s Day I decided to make a dessert that I found on Pinterest.  It was delicious!  So good (and pretty) that I had to take pictures.  Mark laughed at me but he’s always laughing at me and the things I do.  Whatever.  I bring lots of amusement into this family and he loves it.

Fudge Mint Ice Cream Torte…ta da!  Seriously, so good. 

DSC09200

Mark loves his mint ice cream and he loves Andes candies so this was perfect.  I am such a good wife.

A few days after Father’s Day the girls and I drove down to Mesquite to meet up with my brother, Darron and his three oldest kids.  Mark was to drive down at the end of the week so he wouldn’t miss work (again, saving up days for our Germany trip) but my niece, Hannah got really sick and Mark needed to stay to be with the family and help out.  Not how I wanted to spend our 11th Anniversary (apart), but there wasn’t much we could do.  So, instead Darron took me on a date and we saw The Avengers.  My big brother saved the day. 

So, what do you do in Mesquite in June you ask?  Play in the pool…all day long. 

Darron steeling all the noodles. 

 DSC09202

Calista and Alex were attached at the hip. 

DSC09204

Téa gets better and better at swimming each time we visit Nonna and Papa’s.  She isn’t afraid to dive for things now. 

DSC09206

Anna Bird just waking up and seeing all her cousins in the pool.  It took her awhile but she finally came in and joined us. 

DSC09210

Piper just knows how to lounge!

DSC09213

Isaac enjoying the raft.

DSC09214

After a few days of the pool we decided to take a break from the sun and head to St. George to go to Jumpin’ Jacks.  The kids had fun on the bounce houses while Darron, my mom and I sat around chatting. 

DSC09217

Once again, Calista and Alex having  a blast together.

DSC09219

Téa and Isaac stopped for only a second to let me take one picture.  After that they didn’t slow down.

DSC09225

And when you get back from a long afternoon of bouncing around you just have to jump in the pool and swim some more!  This time, in a conga line.  No idea where Piper was for this picture.  She probably fell asleep inside somewhere.  Or she was watching all the fun from the comforts of a lounge chair, in the shade, with a drink in her hand.

DSC09235

Bright and early one morning my dad, Darron and I went 4-wheeling.  My dad’s buddy offered to let Darron ride one of his quads and I sat on the back of my dad’s quad.  We had to get up super early so we could get to the top of the bluff and back before it hit 100 degrees (which comes at like 11 am!). 

Big D with his quad. 

DSC09239

DSC09244

The view from the top of the bluff looking down onto my parent’s house.  Their house is right down the middle and the 4th house from the bottom. 

DSC09249

The fields below me are where they hold the Long Drive Competition and numerous soccer tournaments.  Tons of Utah youth teams come here.  The smaller green field to the right is the super nice Astroturf.  I would love to play a real game on that. 

DSC09253

Dad and I getting ready to saddle up and head back down the bluff for breakfast and a shower. 

DSC09255

It was awesome to be with my dad and Darron on the outing.  Even better to get dirty and spin out on turns and just have a blast with my dad. 

We got back to find the kids playing Monopoly.  This is pretty much what Téa and Isaac did most of the week.

DSC09256

Piper making monkey faces at me.  This kid can be so sweet most of the time.  Other times…not so sweet.

DSC09257

Our last day of swimming with cousins.  I promise I actually was in the pool a ton too.  Darron and I played badminton for hours. 

DSC09265

The four older kids made masks while the younger two had naps.  They turned out pretty cool. 

DSC09270

It was a fun week and I’m so glad Darron flew down to Nevada so we could hang out.  We don’t get to see each other often since we live a few states away so it’s nice when it does happen.  I love that Darron and I talk almost weekly to catch up on what’s happening with our lives and to occasionally laugh so hard our cheeks hurt.  I’m looking forward to flying out to Washington next year for Alex’s baptism.  Calista asks me every few weeks if we’ve missed it.  I keep telling her it’s not until next year. 

No comments: