How do you enjoy the first beautiful, warm weekend of Spring? Well, you teach your six year old to ride her bike without training wheels…
Mark held the bike for Calista, she put her feet on the pedals and they started off slow. Mark held on for about 3 seconds then she was off! I knew Calista was ready last summer but she refused. All she was lacking was the confidence. She found it on Friday and has loved practicing every since. Family bike rides will be much faster now.
What else do you do when the weather is cooperating? You till your garden and get it ready for planting. (I pulled hundreds of weeds)
Calista was a huge helper with this. She went around following Mark and picking out all the old cornstalk stumps. After a while she wanted to help push the tiller. I can tell our soil is getting better each year. I’m thinking this year we will have a great harvest. Now if I could just get green beans to actually grow…
And if that weren’t enough, you play a little of this…
The courts we like to play on finally have their nets back up so we took advantage of the awesome weather and the good mood our kids were in and headed over to play some tennis. And being the nice parents we are, we brought some friends along to play with our kids so they would have even more fun (although it’s probably pretty obvious that the real reason is so the kids will be caught up playing with their friends and less likely to bug us during our game).
Here’s what we look like when we play. Super professional.
It’s been fun breaking in our new rackets. I have to admit that I’m a little worried about playing against Mark now. Having a new racket has really upped his game. Me…my racket and I are still trying to come to an understanding. Our relationship will be one of patience and a lot of work. Mark said he’s not as afraid of my backhand now. Just you wait…
Last, but not least, you head to the car wash so the loser washes the car. The kids were super hot so I caved and got them Slurpees.
That was our weekend. THE END.
No comments:
Post a Comment