My baby turned three today. It’s weird to think my last kid is out of diapers and turning into a little lady. We are officially out of the baby/toddler stage for good. Piper is a lot of fun to have around. Never a dull moment. She is feisty sometimes and strong-willed (no idea where she gets that from) but there are times she can be the sweetest kid when she walks over to me and says I love you.
She knows how to break my bad moods instantly. She will come up to me and say “Are you happy now, Mommy?” Then I feel like the lamest mother and I say “Yes” and then we hug. She already knows how to manipulate me (and Mark, for that matter). You can tell she is our baby because she gets her way a lot because we don’t want to hear her crying.
She’s not a little, petite girl. She’s beefy and can handle her own. And I love every pound of her. We had to buy her a new swimming suit a few months back. I had to buy a girls size 6. Seriously? Yup.
We opened presents this morning. Piper was super excited for them. Her new face for the camera is sticking out her tongue.
Thankfully Piper got clothes for her birthday. She’s growing like a weed and she goes through clothes so fast during the week since she chooses to keep playing even when she needs to use the bathroom. Lots of wet shorts in this house still.
Since I had girls camp last week and then the Fourth of July weekend I decided that throwing two parties this week would kill me. I figured Piper wouldn’t hold it against me if we just partied with our family today. I took the girls to Monkey Island Fun Center and they had a blast even if the A/C was broken. We had to leave after an hour and a half because Piper was complaining about her leg. She came crying to me and couldn’t even walk the entire way to my chair. Her leg just gave out on her. Hopefully it’s nothing too serious. She seemed fine when she went to bed.
This kid barely fits in my lap anymore.
The three amigos. This girls are best buddies (most of the time).
I love the look of pure joy on Piper’s face when we started singing happy birthday to her. She loved her M&M ice cream cake. I was glad I didn’t have to bake anything.
Here’s the proof that she loved it.
Life wouldn’t be the same without Pip. Just a few things I want to remember about this stage:
-She still says ‘swimmy soup’ instead of swimming suit
-Piper is the only one allowed to call Calista ‘Cali’
-She knows her alphabet and most of their sounds
-She is still attached to Yellow Blanket and Baby Elephant
-Since school has been out Piper cries more for Téa than for me
-She calls her sisters ‘My Grills’
-When we help her with her prayers she always adds on this sentence somewhere in the prayer “and help us to go to Disneyland” every time
-Also when saying prayers: we will say “Please bless us…” and she will say “Please bless you…” It’s so hard not to laugh.
-Her thumb is called a ‘bum’
-When she gets scared or the girls are getting too rough she will say “easy, easy, easy”.
No comments:
Post a Comment