I think the Fourth is becoming my favorite holiday. As the kids get older we get to do more fun things. This year I finally got to run in the Freedom Run. It’s my favorite one and I’ve been doing it for 11 years (unless pregnant or getting over knee surgery). This year wasn’t my best time. Actually it’s one of my worst times but at least I finished and ran the whole way. And my knee felt great; the hip…not so much. I talked Leslie and Jared into running with me even though they originally weren’t going to. I had fun running with them and it was my first race I ran without music.
After the Freedom Run it’s back to Center St. to watch the parade from the same corner we always watch it from. It’s always the same crew: Leslie’s family, Jeff’s family, Mark’s parents and us. Occasionally, my mom joins us some years.
My niece, Markee and I were having fun with the camera.
Piper took Calista’s cue and waved to all the princesses.
Piper definitely got into it more this year. But she wanted to leave when the sun finally came out and started baking us. I left with her about 15 minutes before the parade ended.
We’ve made a tradition of getting together at our house after the parade for lunch, games and water stuff for the kids. Normally we have a slip ‘n slide but couldn’t find ours.
This is our second year joining Mark’s siblings and their families to watch fireworks at Thanksgiving Point. We go super early to find a good parking spot near some grass to set up camp in the parking lot and then play games. This year we had a little rain so we had to find a way to continue playing.
The girls were a lot more cranky this year and we made multiple trips to the bathrooms for Piper but the fireworks were great and we had fun. Piper sat on my lap and Calista sat on Mark’s when the fireworks began. Five minutes into them, both girls fell asleep.
I love hanging out with my in-law side of the family. My kids love their cousins and they are so good with my kids, especially Piper. They take great care of her and she loves them.
No comments:
Post a Comment