Sunday, April 18, 2010

Spring Break

Since Mark left for China the day Spring Break started I made plans to meet my parents in Mesquite, NV. And I'm so glad I did. I was able to see their new house. I can't wait until they move there in another year and a half. A 4.5 hour drive vs. 14 to see my parents? So great! I wish I would have taken pictures of the new place. The girls had fun running around a completely empty house. We ate a few meals there standing around the kitchen island with kids sitting on the counter, my dad and Piper in plastic lawn chairs, and my mom and I standing up. It was great. I think we need to go down there again (with Mark this time) and do it all over again so I can take pictures. What do you think Mom and Dad?

Highlights of the vacation:
* The older girls and I went swimming at the hotel pool
* The kids ate bacon for breakfast every morning at the casino restaurant
* The kids slept great in the hotel room
* Piper had way too many fresh strawberries straight from California (I had a pile of dirty diapers outside to prove it)
* Conveniently, the hotel had an ice cream shop just outside the elevators to the rooms
* The waitress from the restaurant gave us tons of extra bread to feed to the ducks in the ponds outside our hotel
* My mom came back home with the girls and I to spend another three days with us. I really didn't want to take her back to the airport

Add in a few trips to restaurants to eat out and that's our Spring Break. We always have to hit Cafe Rio and Zupa's when my mom comes to town. I'm totally fine with that. I could never get tired of those two places.

Good Morning!
Finally on the last day, Piper would take Papa's hand. Nothing like a walk through a smoke-filled casino.

Outside feeding the ducks.

Random shot of Piper getting so excited to see the ducks. She's yelling at the camera, if you couldn't tell.

2 comments:

M. Harrison said...

Cute, Cute pictures of the girls. That will be so cool to have your mom and dad closer! We are excited for you guys. It sounds like you had an awesome time away with the kids. :) Great job on the mirror too!!!

Vause Family said...

Sounds like a lot of fun! I'm so glad your parents decided on that place. They might even get some different Woolley visitors!