I finally got a project done that has been waiting for warmer weather. I bought this mirror over 7 years ago at a garage sale for $10. A part of the frame was scratched pretty badly and revealed the wood. I figured I would repaint it. Now that the weather is warmer I finally got around to doing just that. The silver frame wasn't going to match my decor so I decided on black. I think it turned out great. Too bad the picture doesn't really show it.
BEFORE:

AFTER:

I'm totally ready to paint my huge bookcase now! I love spray paint. So easy. Now I just have to find a way to hang the mirror on a wall that doesn't have a stud in the exact spot I need it to go. Oh, and I was able to spray paint my piano lamp black as well. I completely forgot to take a before picture but imagine this lamp in a gold/brass color that went perfect with my Grandparent's 60's living room.
3 comments:
I need you to come to my house to help me to take care of some projects. You can buy these plastic wall anchor things to hang your mirror. They work for screws anyways, it is how I hung my curtains...which I did all by myself this time. I am very proud of myself. Hey, where did you get your bench thingy that your mirror is sitting on in the picture? I need something like that!
Well done!
Okay, so you need to come and help me paint MY mirror now since we were supposed to do it together! Traitor!! It does look awesome.
Even though I missed you while you were gone for spring break, I am glad you had fun. Now come paint my mirror. I am not suppposed to since I am prego...right?
Post a Comment