
Mark figured this was blog-worthy stuff so since I'm pretty much the sole author of this blog, I'll have to do it for him. Tuesday morning at 1 am Mark and I were awakened by the bed shaking and the clock and other glass objects on our bookshelf rattling. My first thought was that one of the kids was bumping into the bed but when I heard things rattling I knew it was something different. The shaking was over in a few seconds. Mark ran to the window to see if a huge truck drove by. I went downstairs to see if maybe it was just our garage door opening up for some strange reason (and for some stranger reason shaking the entire house). I came back upstairs to tell Mark I didn't see anything. He went into the girl's bedroom and found Piper sitting up. The other two were still snoring away. Piper is by far our lightest sleeper. After a few minutes I mentioned something about it being like an earthquake. Mark has never been in one so it was up to me to tell him what one was like. I didn't think what we felt was an earthquake. I must add something here. I'm from California, people. Now do you understand?
Mark woke me up just as he was leaving for work and said there was no news of an earthquake on any Utah website so it must have been something else. At this point I'm thinking maybe it was some super secret military airplane that went over our heads and broke the sound barrier or something. I think I've been reading too many fictional books. Any who...about 45 minutes later he called to tell me that it was for sure an earthquake, 2.9 on the Richter scale. I had to laugh. 2.9? That's nothing. As my good friend Lisa said (also from Cali) that's a train going by your house. But, Mark can now check off 'been in an earthquake' on his checklist of life. For me, it was kind of refreshing to have gone through an earthquake where I didn't have to worry that this was the 'Big One' that was going to send my parents into the Pacific Ocean. Oh, and sorry for the wordy post. It wasn't supposed to be.
1 comment:
ok so even though it was an extremely wimpy earthquake, it still scared me half to death. Mostly because I couldn't tell if I had only dreamed it or not.
Post a Comment