Monday, July 13, 2009

Birthday Celebration with Family

We had family come over to celebrate Calista and Piper's birthdays. Calista was so excited to have everyone over. She just can't get enough of Peter and Josh.

Here's the awesome cake I made. If you can't tell...it's a sunflower. I was just going to skip the frosting squiggles on the petals but Leslie stepped in and did it for me and I'm glad she did. It really did look a lot better.
Presents...
Piper wearing her new skirt. Yup, it's suppose to go on your head.
Nicolas and Piper playing on opposite sides of the screen.
While everyone played soccer outside it started raining. Then we got a very cool rainbow.
Piper was crawling around the entire yard trying to find Mark. My nieces decided to join in the fun. (Yes, Piper is topless. Her shirt got a little too much chocolate cake on it)
Piper walking with Aunt Leslie.

Thanks for coming everyone! We are trying to fit in as many family gatherings as we can before my nephew leaves on his mission. It's coming up quick and Calista wants to get in as much play time with Josh as she can.

3 comments:

megship said...

Happy birthday girls! And hot dang, good job on that cake, Marcia!

Kerrilyn said...

What a great idea for a cake! It looks fab!!

Justine said...

Looks like you guys had a great summer. I might have to steal your cake idea. That is the cutest idea I've seen in a long time.