Calista is 4 now! Happy Birthday kiddo. She was so excited to turn 4. We kept telling her all the things that she could do when she turned 4. Like buckle your own seat belt, wipe your own bum, throw away the sippy cups. Birthdays are a great motivator if you're trying to get your kid to do things themselves. You just tell them that big kids do ____ all by themselves (you fill in the blank). According to Calista four year olds don't need car seats either. Right...nice try little one. The booster stays.
Calista was nice to us and didn't wake up until after 7. I thought for sure she would wake up before the sun. Here she is opening presents.
Holding up the dress Nonna got her.
And here is where I brag...just a little. Calista spent an hour or so on the computer with me a few days ago to try and find ideas for a cake. As soon as I clicked on "Barbie Cake" on Betty Crocker's site and she saw the picture she was adamant about having that one. So, here's the finished product. Not too shabby. I was able to find the cool candy stars at Walmart yesterday.
Calista absolutely had to have her birthday party at Chuck E. Cheese's...until a week ago when we went to Dax's birthday party at Classic Skating in Orem. I was totally fine with the change. This place allows scooters as well on the floor and there are bounce houses in the middle and outside. What more can you ask for for a four year old?
Téa really wanted to try skating. Mark was patient enough to walk around with her. She was doing pretty well by the end.
Calista and Allison. They are in Primary together.
And the whole gang that showed up. Meghan and Carrie came with their kids and Lisa, from my ward, came as well with hers. Poor Mark was soooo outnumbered by the girls.
And Piper was happy to eat ice cream and pizza. She pulls herself up to everything now.
As I was tucking Calista into bed tonight she gave me a big hug and told me she had a great birthday. I think we all had a fun day.
That was a fun shindig for sure! I still cannot believe Callie is four and Piper is one! Geez! Poor Piper, she is missing out on a great part of life...chocolate.
ps. seriously good job on the cake. I am getting a little tired of my friends making cool cakes cause then my kids think that that is the norm. blah! Have fun in California! We will miss you!
1 comment:
That was a fun shindig for sure! I still cannot believe Callie is four and Piper is one! Geez! Poor Piper, she is missing out on a great part of life...chocolate.
ps. seriously good job on the cake. I am getting a little tired of my friends making cool cakes cause then my kids think that that is the norm. blah! Have fun in California! We will miss you!
Post a Comment