Sunday, June 22, 2008

Happy Anniversary

Wow, seven years ago today Mark and I were sealed in the Los Angeles Temple. We were talking in the car yesterday on our way home from our date night and Mark mentioned that it seems longer. I know what you all are thinking. And no, it doesn't seem longer because we have 2 moody girls or because of me being a nagging, overbearing type of wife. Although those are probably two things Mark thinks of when he comes home from work and his children are cranky and his wife is 9 months pregnant (need I say more?). We both agreed that the time we've been married has made us forget the past enough that we don't remember what it was like to be single (thankfully) and we've been doing the marriage thing for long enough that it's just the way life is. I won't get cheezy on this post but I just want to say that I've been the happiest I've ever been the last 7 years (well, I guess I should say 8 since we dated a year before we got married). Mark jokingly asks me every year if I'm glad I said 'yes'. I laugh and tell him most of the time, but seriously, why would I have said no to my best friend?

The last seven years has had a lot happen. I guess the best part about these years has been the constant companion I've had and he's always been there to support me. There are times I don't know what he's thinking or feeling (he even admitted once in a school paper that he has the emotional capacity of a rock). He still doesn't fold his towel on the rack in the bathroom. And of course I still have yet to break him of his foot-rubbing habit (which will someday drive me to insanity). But he is the best dad, the best husband, the hardest worker, and my best friend. OK, I guess I got sappy, but just a little. I'll stop. I don't want to throw up reading this either.

Any-who...we were able to celebrate our anniversary yesterday while my fabulous babysitters (Tamsyn, Megyn, Markee and Marin) watched our kids. The best part about living close to family is that my girls have learned to love their cousins. They see each other often and absolutely love it when their older cousins babysit them. So, thanks to my great nieces who made it possibly for one last hurrah for Mark and I. We finally went to see the new Indy movie. Then we headed over to a new Japanese restaurant where we loaded up on sushi. There is nothing better than fulfilling a pregnancy craving, unless you are fulfilling that craving with sushi. Ahhh. I could ramble on all day about sushi. But I won't. We had a great night and enjoyed our last date before the baby comes. I think I want sushi again just talking about it...Mmm.

3 comments:

Libby said...

Mmmm...sushi...great anniversary dinner.

(Craving begins)

Happy anniversary!

Kerrilyn said...

Congrats on the seven years!!! Sushi??????? YUCK!!!!!! But I am glad you enjoyed it, I'll take your word for it that it was good.
Good luck with the baby.

megship said...

Hey, that wasn't too sappy! Congratulations on your anniversary. And I know how you feel about feeling like you've been married forever. It is a nice, comforting feeling being married to your best friend, for sure!