Sunday, January 4, 2015

New Year’s Eve!

(Dec. 31, 2014)
Piper woke up New Year’s eve with a huge hole in her blanket. She still doesn’t like to be parted from Yellow so as soon as I sat down to try to mend the old blanket (which is hard because it’s crocheted!) Piper sat down next to me and laid her head down on it. I’m not sure if she did that to comfort the blanket or if she needed comfort from the blanket while I did surgery to try and repair the damage. Piper sat there the entire time and was so concerned Yellow wouldn’t make it.
IMG_3278
I am happy to report that surgery went well and Yellow was out of the ICU within seconds.
Jeff, Alison, Josh, Whitney and Megyn all came over shortly after Yellow’s surgery. The best way to ring in the new year is to play games and ice skate!
We had everyone on the ice and in skates, except Mark and me. We are realizing we need more skates in adult sizes to accommodate the growing cousins.
IMG_3281
Mark put on his snow boots so he could at least be on the ice to play goalie.
IMG_3285
I played photographer. Everyone had a great time on the bigger rink. It makes me happy to see everyone enjoying themselves. Especially my own kiddos. This rink is a lot of work but is so worth it when I see my kids enjoying the outdoors in the middle of winter. Also, there are no moments when the kids get cabin fever. If they get bored inside they just strap on their skates and get exercise outside.
IMG_3286
Mother and daughter, Alison and Megyn. I swear the person on the left is Alison. She’s in there somewhere!
IMG_3291
There was a pretty good game of hockey going on at one point.
IMG_3293
I think Piper was trying to attach Uncle Jeff here.
IMG_3295
Whitney and Josh. Can you tell they’re in love? We can’t wait for their wedding in May!
IMG_3296
Mark resurfaced the rink right after everyone headed back inside for yummy Café Rio food. That way the kids could all go back out in a few hours. It was about 6 degrees when they went out again around 10:00 pm.
IMG_3302
The best way to warm up after skating is to play Dutch Blitz. Nothing get’s your heart racing like a fast-paced game, pretty similar to Speed.
IMG_3309
I was impressed that Piper made it all the way to midnight this year. All three girls had fun playing games with us and watching movies and pigging out on junk food all night. Our new favorite game we found was an expansion to Seven Wonders. It’s called Tower of Babel. So fun! The next day all the Randalls came back so we could play all the Seven Wonders expansions together. It was crazy! This is what the table looked like after we were done.
Seven Wonders epic game
We want to wish everyone a happy new year and best wishes. Our family has been blessed in 2014 and we can’t wait to see what 2015 has in store for us.

No comments: