Téa decided to try and step up her game this year. Her soccer game, that is. She tried out for club soccer and made the team back in June. She finished up her first Fall season in October. I got swindled into becoming the assistant coach so I get to hang out with Téa and her teammates quite a bit. Our friend Suzi met up with us at our last game of the season down in Spanish Fork where her boys were playing games as well. Suzi is a great photographer and loves to do action photos. She got some great pictures of Téa.
Getting ready for a throw in.
She’s getting some pretty good ball skills. She doesn’t panic when she gets the ball. She waits until she finds a person to pass to.
And…there’s someone to pass to.
This was a tough team they played, but that didn’t stop her from trying.
Téa loves playing soccer.
I love the next four pictures. They were taken in sequence and show Téa’s progress. I love her face in the first one. She wants that ball badly! But she has two big girls on either side of her that want it, too.
And she got there first. Unfortunately, the girls foot barely got there just as Téa made the kick.
It’s been fun watching Téa develop with her skills. Not only with her skill level but with her confidence level in playing. She has the makings of a great player. Now, if I could just teach her to be a meaner play, uh, I mean a more aggressive player. She’s continued playing during the winter on two teams. One is futsal and the other is indoor. Spring season isn’t too far away so we’ve got to keep her touching a ball somehow. Go Arsenal!
No comments:
Post a Comment