My sister-in-law informed me that I needed to update the blog a while ago. She said the blog was stuck on the last day of our Italy vacation. So…..we are back and are adjusted to normal life again. I figured our blog had reached its high and couldn’t do better than Italy, but I’m back to blog about our new addition to the family.
Introducing Maximus Meridius, also known as Maximus, or just Max. He was born August 10, 2010.
Trying to get a picture of this cat awake is impossible. This was the best we could do.
Our neighbors got two little kittens a few weeks before our Italy trip and they said the people they got them from still had one little guy left. We thought about it a few days and gave in to the kids’ desire to have a pet. Since dogs aren’t possible (Téa is allergic) we figured a cat would be less maintenance and would kill the mice we’ve been seeing in the garage. The family giving away their last kitten agreed to hold him for us until we got back from our trip. I didn’t think my mom-in-law would appreciate taking care of our three kids and a new kitten for 10 days.
Mark and I got home from Italy on a Wednesday and we got Maximus on Friday. Not our brightest idea ever. We should have gotten over our jetlag before we got Maximus. The first week was worse than having a newborn. All night long Maximus just meowed. The best thing we did was put a litter box, a makeshift box with his bed in it, and food and water in the garage. Maximus is NOT allowed on our bed but he certainly tries every night. So, if he doesn’t quit jumping up he goes in the garage. After a week we’ve noticed that he meows to go out just before we go to bed and he prefers to stay out there all night. So…everybody is happy.
I’ve never been a cat lover and I never thought I’d ever own one, but this little guy has weaseled his way into my heart. He really is a sweet kitty. Very playful but not violent. He has a very loud meow, though. He’s my lap warmer every night if I’m sitting down to read or watch a movie. Lately he’s been abandoning me for Mark. Mark will say Maximus is my kitty, but I think Max has weaseled his way into Mark’s good graces, too. Max tends to go to Mark when he’s playful and me when he’s looking for affection. Hmmm…just like my kids.
I finally found something to do with my huge, bare wall in the family room. I got the idea from my friend, Lisa and I had a gift card for Rod Works plus a coupon. Not too shabby. Unfortunately I’ve noticed that I hung it too low. I’m trying to figure out how I’m going to ask Mark to rehang everything and fill in the old holes when he hates hanging pictures in the first place. Maybe I should just do it. But that could take years.
November also found us hanging out with my brother and his family. They finally got down our way during Thanksgiving so we took them to the Thanksgiving Point Natural History Museum (Dinosaur Museum to us) and I think the kids had a great time. Here is Téa, Calista, Alex on the left and VaLynn (taking a picture) and Isaac on the right. Anna and Piper were around somewhere.
We went to Café Rio after the museum and caught up with my cousin, Kris who I haven’t seen since he had only one kid. Now they have three. I think we got VaLynn hooked on Café Rio salads so I’m hoping that will get them to come to Utah more often! After lunch we hung out at our house. It was a quick trip for Darron and his family but I’m so glad they made their way down to Utah County to see us for a day.
That about sums up November for us. Oh, we did have Thanksgiving dinner with Leslie’s family this year and Mark’s parents. It’s always so much fun getting together with family. It means food and games (even though games did not go my way that day…). This year didn’t disappoint.
2 comments:
I've been told that you want to hang pictures so that they're at eye-level for most people, and somewhat lower than that in rooms where you're sitting most of the time. So maybe since this is a sitting room, the height is OK? Darron hates hanging pictures/curtain rods/etc., too, so I understand about your dilemma!
Since I supposedly gave you the idea (and because I hung ours!) I will come help you rehang it if you want. That way you don't have to wait a few years.
Post a Comment