OK, breakdown of my life for the last three days. I've had it with changing a three-year old's bum. It's high time Calista is in big girl panties. Now, I know it's not entirely her fault. I take some of the blame because I'm lazy and didn't want to go through the whole thing. Secretly I just wanted her to wake up one morning and say "I'm potty trained now Mom!" And then no diapers, accidents or carpet cleaning to worry about (at least with her). Yes, I know you are all laughing at me now. So, here's how things are going...
Day 1: I decide to quit cold turkey on the diapers during the day. After 4 accidents I call Meghan for support. She went through this a few months ago with Tucker. I figured she could help reassure me that potty training was worth it. She suggested I get some candy for some instant gratification. So, after the phone call I'm feeling good about doing this and find some candy I can bribe her with (along with the stickers I've already been using). Calista only has 2 more accidents the rest of the day. I was exhausted that night and wasn't looking forward to the next day. Diaper at night was soaked in the morning.
Day 2: I get her to go potty as soon as she wakes up and she is getting used to the idea of using the toilet. She only had 3 accidents and all of them happened before noon. Meghan came over with her kids so I wouldn't be so isolated since I don't go anywhere the first few days of potty training. Meg tried to get Calista excited about the whole idea and give her pep talks. It seemed to work since she didn't have any accidents after that. I bought pull-ups for her at night and for our house hunting trips and she was in one for almost 3 hours yesterday while we talked with a home builder and didn't even think to ask her if she needed to pee. We got home and took her to the bathroom and her pull-up was completely dry. Woo hoo! And her diaper in the morning was only a little wet. Success! Sort of...
Day 3: Today she has had 3 accidents (oh man! make that 4...ugh). It's 4:30 so hopefully she's done with the accidents. Now I'm remembering why I have 15 pairs of undies from when I was potty training Téa. You go through so many undies. Hopefully I can keep this up. I've done three days now, there's no way I'm going back to diapers. Calista would be so confused. Wish me luck. Oh, and if anyone needs 140 size 6 diapers I'm your girl! I'll give you a huge discount. Why couldn't I decide to potty train before I bought an entire box of diapers last week at Costco?
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Ok Seriously!!! Sadie is almost 3 and I can't take it any more. Do you have any secrets??? I need help. How are your 3 girls? I've decided there will NOT be a 4th!!! Have you found a builder you like? Still at Eagle MTN? We just built our home moved in in April. Brand new is so fun. Good luck!!!
Yeah, I am such a big help. Seriously, when I have to potty-train a girl and she cannot stand up and pee? I will be in trouble. Tell Calista I am gonna bring her a HUGE surprise if she goes poop on the potty! See you tomorrow night for our GNIC!(girl's night in.....cleaning)
Oh, Marcia! I do not envy the potty training phase. It is the worst. I am already dreading the thought of having to teach Grant. And that is years away. Yes, I am already counting on him being atleast three before we try to teach him. Calista is really smart, I bet the accidents will end real soon! I will keep my fingers crossed for you!
Hey....if it makes you feel any better, my little Chloe peed my bed last night, of course unlike Calista, she is unable to walk right now or even get up to tell me she has to go. Good times!!!! oh, and yeah, Chris should be doing homework but of course when he is at his mom's I have no control!!!
Hang in there! Potty training is really awful. Disgusting, frustrating, and seemingly endless. The worst part is that somehow our mothers -- the people we'd turn to naturally for advice and encouragement -- seem to think that we were all potty trained in a day at age 2 and all it took was a few words of praise and a handful of chocolate chips.
And wow...your Costco carries size 6? Ours only carries them up to size 5. I told Beth she had to learn to go on the potty because she'd outgrown all the diapers.
Post a Comment