Thursday, March 6, 2008

Calista's movie of the year


I just had to sit through another viewing of Disney's Mulan. This is (was, I guess) my favorite Disney movie. There's just something about a girl who shows up all other male soldiers. Ahhh! Anyway, I thought I'd share with you that we've rarely gone a day for the last 3 months without having Calista say "I want to watch Mulan!" Ugh. I usually try to be on the computer or play with Téa or read a book...anything instead of listening to the movie. But somehow the songs still get in my head...all day long. Calista goes around the house saying her favorite line from the movie "My name is Mulan". And occasionally when I put her down for her naps I'll tell her 'sweet dreams, Calista' and she will say 'I'm Mulan right now'. OK.

4 comments:

Alison said...

Oh, how I remember those days. Ask Mark how many times he had to watch Jungle Book with Josh. I still have that and Robin Hood memorized.

Kerrilyn said...

I am sooo sorry. I'm sure you are all Mulaned out. Maybe you could just loose it under the couch or something. Good Luck. On the bright side, at least she doesn't want to be like Brittney Spears or some whack job like that.

Libby said...

Good for Calista! None of that namby-pamby helpless princess stuff for HER. Beth, on the other hand, wants to be Ariel.

megship said...

I am just glad it isn't some barbie movie.