Monday, August 25, 2008

Old Friends

These kids used to play together often when we had playgroup during the summers. Trevor, Téa, Dax, Calista, Brookie, Tucker and Andrew.Michelle, Steve and Meghan chillin' in the shade.
The girls! Carrie, Me, Michelle and Meghan.
Macie rolling around on the floor.
Steve held Piper for a while and got her to smile. The camera was too slow to catch it.
Calista and Brookie.
Tucker (with the evil smile) and Andrew finding some shade. It was hot that day.
Parker is Carrie's youngest and didn't make it in the group picture.

OK, just so we are clear, the post's title does NOT refer to ages. I'm referring to people I've been friends with for a while. Well, technically it's only been less than 3 years, but I feel like we've all been friends forever. On Friday Meghan and I planned on going to The Ranches to check out Carrie's new place they bought. So jealous they have a place of their own that they can paint the living room hot pink if they wanted. (Another point to make clear...I don't really want to paint my living room hot pink, but the point is that I could if I wanted if I owned my own place!) Just before leaving Michelle called and said her father-in-law's surgery was postponed until the next day so she wanted to get together. Michelle and her family moved to Idaho a year ago and the four of us girls were all in the same ward. We now all live in different places, Michelle being the farthest away. So the Harrison's were down to be with family during the surgery and I'm so glad we were able to see them. So we all got together at Carries and it felt like old times just hanging out and letting the kids wreak havoc. There were ten kids in all. Thankfully two of them were Macie and Piper so they pretty much stayed in the car seats. We had a picnic at the playground across from Carrie's place and let the kids play with Steve (Michelle's husband) while the girls got to catch up. Thanks Steve for pushing all the kids on the swings. I'm too lazy!

2 comments:

megship said...

That was so fun! We really need to make it a more common practice...you know hanging out together as a group! Blast Michelle for moving to Idaho! Blast her!

Justine said...

Hi, this is Justine (Josh's wife) I recognize that area, it's two blocks from where we live now. Good luck on the house hunting. It's so much fun!